Not to be outdone by my wife and her list, who is much more awesome than I am, here is my list of 18 things I love about my wife on the occasion of our 18th anniversary. And yes, it is a day early.
1. My wife can balance a budget, and no matter what I bring home manages to make it all work.
2. She has always supported my many and varied career changes.
3. Moving is never really a question with her, just a part of life. Not if, but when.
4. Through everything she had remained hopeful.
5. She convinced me that I wanted a big family, and she was right. So very right.
6. She believes in me.
7. Through everything, even when I lost hope about my writing career, she has always supported me.
8. She is not afraid to try new things.
9. Given the choice, I think she would rather be a mom than anything else
10. Shows no fear at the idea of 30+ kids coming over for the afternoon to play
11. She laughs at the people who say, “I have to cook a huge meal for Thanksgiving we are going to have 11 people!” That is our house everyday.
12. Even with our limited budget, she always makes sure that we have good, and interesting food to eat.
14. She is always excited when a new baby is on the way.
15. Even though we never really planned on it, she has taken, the addition of chickens, sheep and multiple dogs without batting an eyelash.
16. She can laugh at my mistakes while still not making me feel stupid for having made them.
17. She puts up with all of my Bill Cosby jokes.
18. She makes it look easy.
and one more for next year.
She loves me more than I deserve.
Thank you Cheryl. Here is hoping for many more chaos filled lovely years with you. Always and Forever yours